Pages

Friday, September 15, 2006

Joke Time

A young couple had just returned from their honeymoon, and almost at once the young bride runs to the telephone to call her mother. The mother wants to know how the honeymoon had gone.

"Oh, mama!" replies the bride in a choked voice, "the honeymoon was so wonderful and romantic ..." and then the tears burst out: "But, mama, as soon as we returned home, he started using the most horrible language, things I had never heard before! I mean, all these awful 4-letter words! You have to come get me and take me home. Please, mama!"

"Darling, darling, calm down and tell me, what words could be so awful?"

"Please don't make me tell you, mama!" sobs the daughter. "I am so embarrassed, they are just too awful! Just come and get me, please!"

"Oh, darling, you must tell me what has you so upset. Tell me these horrible 4-letter words!"

Still sobbing, the bride manages to choke out: "Oh, mama ... words like ... DUST, WASH, IRON, COOK ..."

No comments: