Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Over-Rated Tourist Attractions


I just saw, on a web posting at Yahoo Travel, entitled "U.S.'s Most Over-Rated Tourist Attractions," this little blurb...

Some of the places on my list are well-known tourist traps, but not all tourist traps are a waste of time (the Empire State Building, Mount Rushmore and Niagara Falls are all well worth a look).
Well, I've got to tell you that I agree that the Empire State Building is worth a look-see, and Niagara Falls is something else again, but Mount Rushmore was one of the biggest wastes of time I've ever experienced. If you've ever seen a photo of the mountain carving, you've seen Mount Rushmore. 30-seconds is all it takes.

There were far more tourists wandering around in the gift shop than wandering the grounds to stare at the sculpture from the 6-or-so observation points.

But that's just my point of view.

No comments: